Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
by Lei Bao
This 3-hour course defines the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8). Topics covered include the history of housing policy, the laws, and regulations relative to Section 8 at both the federal and the state level, and their impact on housing availability. Students are familiarized with various requirements, funding sources, regulatory entities, rules, and regulations all related to the evolution of Section 8.
This course also provides a basic understanding of the required steps necessary for determining “eligibility” to the Housing Choice Voucher Program. It reviews common components including determining household size, calculating income and assets, verifying information, comparing to posted limits, etc. It provides students with “tricks of the trade” and best practices.
Learning Objectives for Students
After studying this course, you should be able:
- to promote and enhance professionalism and knowledge in the field by supporting section 8 through dialogue, ethical standards, education, advocacy and policy guidance;
- to establish “best practices” for housing procedure and protocol in the interrelated fields of administrative agents, architects, developers, property managers, state and municipal employees, non-profit and for-profit corporations, human/social service providers, financial institutions, planners and attorneys;
- to establish resources for professional assistance;
- to promote competency and expertise in the affordable housing industry that is desirable to employers, peers, advocates and clients;
- and to promote compassion in the agencies and individuals that support the provision of affordable housing.
NICE Friday 9am
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
N.I.C.E. School 341 S Marine Drive, Suite 203 Tamuning, GU 96913
(671) 687–2012 email@example.com